|Image by 3D Animation Production Company from Pixabay|
All over the world, millions of peoples are using Apple iPhones because of it's elegant and optimized iOS which is easy to use. It comes with an amazing App Store that contains thousands of apps and content. Apple's iOS comes with a restricted access system by default that makes difficult to customized and install unapproved software or uninstall pre-installed system programs but there are some people who aren't so happy with it and want a restriction-free iOS device. These unhappy people use jailbreaking. So if you want to know everything about jailbreaking or want to expand the limitations set by Apple and App Store. Read this article.WHAT IS JAILBREAKING?
Jailbreaking is the process by which Apple users can modify to remove software restrictions and give the greater user control imposed on iOS and Apple products like the iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc. In a jailbroken device, you are able to customize and install apps, tweaks that are not authorized by Apple, but this process also removes tough security protections that Apple has built into iOS. That's why Apple considers jailbreaking as an infringement of its warranty, so if something goes wrong during the process, it's up to you to fix it. it has a mixed legal history that began with hacker groups. This process is only possible with special jailbreaking software that modifies iOS. In most cases, you have to run this jailbreaking software on an external PC. Apple wants all its users running safe apps and stable software - jailbreakers choose to take a little more risk for a little more control over their devices.
REASONS TO JAILBREAK YOUR IOS DEVICE
- Apps:- Download your apps from anywhere, not just from the App Store.
- Customize iOS:- You can customize your phone's look and feel, change the home screen, lock screen, system fonts, or pretty much anything rather than being stuck with limited options in iOS.
- Get Future iOS features:- Most of the features like multi-tasking, night shift, copy-paste, Bluetooth keyboard and personal hotspot were first introduced in the jailbreak community. So it is possible that the popular jailbreak tweaks you are using right now will be introduced by Apple in the near future.
- Video Game Emulators:- After jailbreak, you can able to install a game emulator to play various types of games with advanced functionality.
- File System:- On jailbroken iPhones, you can install special types of file manager to browse and modify the entire file structure. That Apple doesn’t allow you to access directly.
- Functionality:- You can use alternatives to the default apps, which have more functionality.
- Location spoofing:- iPhone comes with an integrated GPS chip that can track your current location for apps like Maps, Weather, etc. but after jailbreak, you can tweak your device to spoof your location.
REASONS NOT TO JAILBREAK YOUR IOS DEVICE
- Warranty:- Apple considers jailbreaking as a violation of its warranty.
- Security:- Jailbreaking your iPhone will take you away from the safety of Apple's and can be easily affected by malware and Trojans that can cause great damage to the system files.
- Performance:- After jailbreaking sometimes you may find that your iPhone crashes more often, that certain features and apps no longer work and battery life becomes much shorter.
- Updates:- Apple doesn't provide updates for jailbroken software, many jailbroken phones do not get an update.
TYPES OF JAILBREAK
- Tethered:- Tethered temporarily jailbreak your device during a single boot. If the user needs to restart the iPhone then the jailbreak is wiped out and you have to repeat the entire process each time when it is turned on, otherwise, it would get stuck in a partially started state.
- Semi-tethered Jailbreak:- In semi-tethered jailbreak. the iPhone will boot up, but it won’t have a patched kernel, and so the system not able to run modified code, So jailbreak apps and tweaks won’t work and you need to use a jailbreak tool to start with a patched kernel to use jailbreak tweaks again.
- Untethered Jailbreak:- An untethered jailbreak is the best type of jailbreak. Where the hack would remain even after the device was switched off and switched on again. Which means your iPhone will be jailbroken even after the reboot.
- Semi-untethered Jailbreak:- It is similar to an untethered jailbreak as it gives you the ability to restart your iPhone. However, the iPhone is not jailbroken after the reboot but in this method, you are able to jailbreak the iPhone using an app on your device itself. So you don’t need a computer to jailbreak it.
HOW YOU CAN JAILBREAK AN IPHONE?
If you want to jailbreak your ios device, So for your better help I am providing you a website link. On this website, you will get an appropriate jailbreak guide with step-by-step instructions.
Website link ( click here )
Conclusion:- This article is all about iOS jailbreaking. Feel free to ask in the comment section if you have any queries.